The Big Bang Digital Event
Teachers! Introduce your students to Big Bang Digital 2020 – science, engineering & Covid-19, the free online event for young people aged 11+ on Tuesday 14 July.
Hosted by TV & Radio Science Presenter, Podcaster & YouTuber Greg Foot students can take part in:
- Short, inspiring sessions looking at all aspects of STEM in a pandemic
- Live polling, Q&A sessions with real life engineers and scientists
- Big Bang Explore with activities to do during the day and a chance to win prizes
- Meeting NHS frontline staff and asking the experts coronavirus questions
Big Bang Digital can be included as part of home learning or streamed in-school and is a secure environment with safeguarding measures in place. It’s the perfect way for young people to celebrate the amazing work of scientists and engineers in the pandemic, see STEM careers in action and discover how what they learn at school is used in real life.
The incredible line-up:
- Hear from people designing PPE, ventilators and a social distancing lanyard
- Find out how the NHS Nightingale hospitals were built so quickly
- Meet the teams keeping things moving, water in the taps and food in the shops
- Explore lockdown cyber security and staying safe online
- Look at the environmental impact of staying at home
- Pay tribute to key workers with a rainbow science show with Gastronaut Stefan Gates
Spread the word, share with colleagues and parents! For more details and to look at the full line-up visit: www.digitalbigbang.co.uk