Despite being online, the other students and I were able to work extremely well together—taking part in games, quizzes and much more. I completed the programme feeling that I had been extremely productive.” – Gracie, Sutton-in-Ashfield, The University of Nottingham Summer School 2020
Applications for Sutton Trust Summer Schools will open at midday today! Applications close at midday on Tuesday, March 2nd
We are looking for high achieving students from less-advantaged backgrounds at state-funded schools to apply.
The Sutton Trust is a leading social mobility charity and our flagship UK Summer Schools will give your students an insight into university by spending a week with one of 13 leading UK universities and meeting like-minded students from across the UK.
Our new Apprenticeship Summer School will allow students to explore degree-level apprenticeships as an alternative to university by attending interactive skills sessions and networking with top employers.
While the upcoming months seem uncertain, we are confident that with our new digital platform, Sutton Trust Online, we can continue to provide outstanding experiences. Whether the summer schools are delivered in-person or online, we will offer your students ongoing support and high-quality resources at a time they need it most.
Summer school students gain confidence and the skills to navigate the Higher Education system and make informed choices about their future. Over 6,000 young people benefitted from our Summer Schools last summer and we want your students to be next.
Our Summer Schools are open to students who:
- are currently studying in Year 12 (England and Wales), Year 13 (Northern Ireland) or S5 (Scotland)
- have always attended a state-funded school or college
We are looking for high achieving (at least 5 A/6s at GCSE or 5 Bs at National 5) students from less-advantaged backgrounds. Students are more likely to gain a place if they meet additional social mobility criteria. Please see our teacher guide for more information.
Visit the Summer Schools teacher resources page where you can:
- Learn more about how you can support students in their application
- Find promotional materials including an email template and Powerpoint Presentation you can use to tell eligible students about the programme
- Sign up for informational webinars with the Sutton Trust and participating universities on the 26th and 28th of January or invite your students to sign up to a Q&A on the 21st of January
Applications close at midday on Tuesday, March 2nd, with teacher verification closing at midday on Friday, March 5th, so please do encourage your eligible students to apply soon.
Thanks for your support so far, we look forward to receiving your students’ applications!