As we enter the new term, we in the Medicine and Health Outreach Team at the University of Leeds wanted to make you aware of a number of event bookings that are now open for Year 12 students, and our applying to medicine and health roadshows.
Subject Specific Year 12 Taster Days
Bookings for a number of subject specific taster days taking place in March and April are now open (see poster attached). These are:
- Psychology Taster Day – Wednesday 7th March, 10:00 – 16:00
- Audiology, Cardiac Physiology and Diagnostic Radiography Taster Day – Thursday 22nd March, 10:00 – 16:00
- Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work Taster Day – Friday 23rd March, 09:00 – 15:30
- Dentistry Taster Day – Monday 30th April, 09:30 – 15:00
These events are all free of charge and are designed to give students a taster of what it’s like to study these courses at University. Through taster workshops and lectures, students will have the opportunity to meet academic staff and students from these course areas, as well as having a tour of the University campus. Lunch is also provided for visitors in the University students union.
We are only accepting bookings from individual students for these events. Bookings can be made on the individual event pages at www.healthsciences.leeds.ac.uk/events
Bookings for all four events close on Friday 2nd February at 17:00. We do recommend students book early as we expect these events to be over subscribed.
Please feel free to pass on to any colleagues / students who may be interested and to display the attached poster within school / college to reach students directly. Links to the booking form are included on the event poster.
Year 12 Roadshows
Over the coming months, the team will be touring the region, delivering our programme of in school talks and workshops for Year 12 students. Attached is our outreach programme that outlines all our activities. Specifically, you may be interested in booking the following:
- Researching Your Options – subject specific advice for researching course options and applying to either Medicine and Dentistry, Psychology or Healthcare Courses (e.g. Nursing, Midwifery and the Allied Health Professions) at the University of Leeds.
- Creating Your Personal Statement – an overview of the admissions process at Leeds and advice on what we look for in personal statements and how to write it in a reflective manner for Medicine and Dentistry, Psychology and Healthcare Courses.
Each of these sessions last between 45 – 60 minutes. These can also be paired together to create a 90 – 120 minute sessions if suitable.
To book one or more of these roadshow sessions, please fill in our request form here.
As always, if you require any further information or guidance, please do feel free to get in touch.