Current Apprenticeship Vacancies
The current apprenticeship vacancies for October are attached.
This month’s vacancies include:
- An apprentice administrator for the director’s office at Bradford MBC
- A higher level software development apprentice in Calderdale
- A cyber security apprentice in Harrogate
- A digital marketing apprentice in Kirklees
- An IT service desk apprentice in Leeds
- A software development apprentice in York
For further information and to see all current apprenticeship vacancies, please visit the direct.gov website.
Skills Yorkshire 2018
Skills Yorkshire will be held on Wednesday 3rd and Thursday 4th October at the Centenary Pavilion, Leeds United FC.
This is the region’s largest careers, jobs, skills and apprenticeship event and helps bring young people from across the region face to face with employers, training providers, colleges, universities and professional bodies.
The event is free of charge to attend and tickets can be booked here
For more information about the event, including the organisations and employers attending the event, please visit the Skills Yorkshire website
Apprenticeship Seminars 2018
Organised by Leeds Apprenticeship Hub these seminars will be held at Leeds Beckett University in October and November. In each seminar, young people will hear from different employers about opportunities in their companies and the range and level of vacancies available, including the new degree apprenticeships.
A number of the city’s leading businesses will talk about apprenticeships in their industry, including manufacturing, engineering, construction, retail, IT and digital media, law, public sector, health and local government and uniformed services
Now in its third year, this series of seminars has seen high profile companies including Asda, BT Group, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Sky and Leeds City Council attending in previous years.
For more information and to book a place on any of the seminars, please visit the website.
National Apprenticeship Awards 2018
The National Apprenticeship Awards for Yorkshire and Humberside took place on 26th September at the Marriott Hotel in Leeds.
There were 16 winners and highly commended employers and apprentices from across a range of industries – including housing, retail, engineering and health.
Apprentice category winners and highly commended:
- The British Army Award for Intermediate Apprentice of the Year was won by Muhammad Udin from Yorkshire Housing; Joanna Salisbury from Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust was highly commended.
- The Rolls Royce Award for Advanced Apprentice of the Year was won by Matthew Shillings Royal Mail; Isobel Moorhouse from Yorkshire Housing was highly commended.
- The Nuclear Decommissioning Site Licence Companies Award for Higher or Degree Apprentice of the Year was won by Oliver Marsh from MGB Plastics Ltd; Vickie McRae from Lloyds Banking Group was highly commended.
- The Lloyds Banking Group Award for ‘Rising Star’ was won by Hannah Turner from Home Office Digital, Data and Technology; whilst Daniel Hoult from Blue Logic was highly commended.
Employer category winners and highly commended:
- The BAE Systems Award for SME Employer of the Year was won by North York Moors National Park Authority; Ebsford Environmental Ltd was highly commended;
- The Royal Navy Award for Large Employer of the Year was won by Syngenta; Liberty Speciality Steels was highly commended;
- The Centrica Macro Employer of the Year was won by: Lloyds Banking Group; highly commended was Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust;
- The PeoplePlus Award for Recruitment Excellence was also presented to Lloyds Banking Group; with Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust being highly commended in this category.
For more information, please visit the National Apprenticeship Service website
Resources for Schools
For more information about the current apprenticeship resources available, please visit the Amazing Apprenticeships website.
All resources are free of charge to download and include information guides, activities and guides to support young people with searching and applying for apprenticeship vacancies.